St Mary’s Church is listed Grade II. It was built in 1818 for George Brown, then the Lord of the Manor of Arkengarthdale, to replace a mediaeval church in Arkle Town and was substantially altered during the late 19th century. We have been inspecting architects from this church for many years, originally as Wales Wales and Rawson and now as Overton Architects. We have overseen several repairs including re-roofing work, repairs to the glazing, masonry repairs and internal repairs. Much of this work has received grant aid through the Heritage Lottery Fund.