St James Church has been a local landmark for many years but by 2000 it was in very poor condition. To maximise funding for refurbishment it was decided to relocate the church closer to the roadside with the rest of the site sold for housing. The church had been moved once before from Kent in 1892, it’s second journey was much shorter! The existing cladding was removed and the frame dismantled and carefully re-built 30 metres from its original position in 2007. The re-building enabled the church to be insulated and to have ground source heating powered by 6 deep boreholes. A new small hall was also built which links discretely to the church.