Dob Park Lodge is a Scheduled Ancient Monument in an isolated position within the Nidderdale AONB overlooking the Linley Wood reservoir. It dates from the early 17th century and was commissioned by Sir Mauger Vavasour as part of a deer park which formed part of the Weston Hall estate. It fell into disuse very quickly, however, and was close to its current ruinous state when it was painted by J M W Turner (“Washburn under Folly Hall”) in around 1815. It has been on the Heritage At Risk register since 1999. We are currently working on an ambitious proposal to reuse the shell of the ruin in a house, and have been working closely with Historic England and archaeologists and ecologists in developing plans for the site.